The Secret Hum of a Daisy
Written by Tracy Holczer
After 12-year-old Grace’s mother’s sudden death, Grace is forced to live with a grandmother she’s never met. Then she discovers clues in a mysterious treasure hunt–one that will help her find her true home.
Primary Source Pairing:
Learn to fold the origami paper cranes that are an important part of Grace’s treasure hunt and discoveries about her mother and herself.
Questions for Discussion:
- Describe what you see.
- What do you notice first?
- Is there any text you can read? What does it say?
- What was the purpose of this text?
- Who do you think is the audience?
- What can you learn from examining this?
Book Cover and Summary: Follett
Origami Crane Folding Directions: Wikipedia Commons