The Genius Files: Mission Unstoppable
Written by Dan Gutman
On a cross-country vacation with their parents, twins Coke and Pepsi, soon to be thirteen, fend off strange assassins as they try to come to terms with their being part of a top-secret government organization known as The Genius Files.
Primary Source Pairing:
This book screams for an atlas lesson! From my experience, kids are enamored with atlases as they explore the world in a printed format. Use the Genius Files United States Map shown above created by Sean Dugan and Harper Publishers to track the epic journey of Coke and Pepsi McDonald. Incorporate math by charting the miles between the spots on their travels and estimating travel time.
Questions for Discussion:
- Describe what you see.
- What do you notice first?
- What size and shape is the map?
- What graphical elements do you see?
- What on the map looks strange or unfamiliar?
- Describe anything that looks like it does not belong on a map.
- What place or places does the map show?
Book Cover and Summary: Follett
Genius Files United States Map: Sean Dugan