A Court of Thorns and Roses
Written by Sarah J. Maas
Dragged to a treacherous magical land she only knows about from stories, Feyre discovers that her captor is not an animal, but Tamlin, a High Lord of the faeries. As her feelings toward him transform from hostility to a fiery passion, the threats against the faerie lands grow. Feyre must fight to break an ancient curse, or she will lose Tamlin forever.
Primary Source Pairing:
After killing a wolf to keep her family alive, Feyre discovers the wolf was a faerie in disguise. The consequences of her actions take her to the faerie world of Prythian. Use the map included in the book for the primary source pairing and follow along with Feyre’s journey through this unknown world to save her one true love.
Questions for Discussion:
- Describe what you see.
- What do you notice first?
- What size and shape is the map?
- What graphical elements do you see?
- What on the map looks strange or unfamiliar?
- Describe anything that looks like it does not belong on a map.
- What place or places does the map show?
- How does this map connect to your visualization of Prythian?
Book Cover and Summary: Follett
Map of Prythian: Book Stuff